ACT - Building Legislation - Industry reforms announced
The ACT Government has introduced the Building and Construction Legislation Amendment Bill, and announced a series of reforms to strengthen the regulation and integrity of the ACT building industry. The reforms will:
- improve documentation around approvals,
- implement a comprehensive building inspection and audit process
- improve licencing requirements
- provide more information to practitioners and consumers
- establish stronger standards of practice and contracting.
ACT – Construction Legislation – Licensed construction occupations register released
The ACT Government has released a searchable public register of licenced construction occupations online. The register provides easy access to information about licence holders including licence numbers, what the person is allowed to do, and any restrictions placed on the licence holder. More.